Ms. Fortune

Is a fembot living in a manbot's manputer's world.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Thing 1 and Thing 2

I was just thinking about how to make objects in fiction seem real. Two theories I have, whether they are true or not, seem to work for me. They are:

1. Own it. Create something, name it, use it like it exists in your world. For example, "When she felt the baby kicking especially painfully, she’d climb onto the grav-lounge, hit the switch and float for hours." I bet you know what a grav-lounge is now, don't you?

2. Similar to "Objects in motion stay in motion," there is, "Fictional objects in the vacinity of real objects in real places gain credibility."

Those are my two breakthroughs for the week. I'm not sure if I am reinventing the wheel or just spewing bullshit. Maybe I'm reinventing bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home